|“||[AK-47 Code Red] AK-47 Lion's new signature model is engraved with simple yet elegant red lines. It features a new magazine with an increased capacity.||”|
|— Weapon Description|
The AK-47 Code Red is an automatic assault rifle used by rifle men, and is periodically available for permanent purchase through the on-line item mall for soldiers of any rank. It is an upgraded model and custom variant of the AK-47, featuring jet black paintwork across the entire chassis, red flashing lights along the body and grip, and alterations to the physical design.
The AK-47 Code Red was modeled around the Lion version of the AK-47 and therefore features exceptionally high damage, range and accuracy, and has a comfortably high stability in comparison to the earlier versions of this weapon. Both accuracy and recoil are maintained noticeably longer while crouching, and zooming in appears to have very little effect on the instability of the weapon – allowing for a larger effective range at the cost of a minor reduction in the rate of fire.
Two and three-shot bursts are recommended for short to medium ranges, while single-shot tapping is preferred for longer ranges approximately 20 meters and above. Despite having the option, full automatic fire is not recommended as the accuracy of the weapon will be seriously affected. The weapon will also become unstable quickly during automatic fire unless several rounds have already recently been shot – the AK-47 Code Red will reach its maximum recoil level reasonably quickly.
Due to the weapon's simplistic upward recoil, single-shot tapping can be mastered relatively easily as opposed to using a weapon with a more significant kick like the SA58 Para. The AK-47 Code Red's powerful rounds allow it to kill a target at up to 20 meters with a single head-shot. Targets can still be significantly injured up to 30 meters, although their armor will stay intact at this distance. Armour is most noticeably ripped apart below the waist, but damage is severely impaired at this level.
Armour is penetrated considerably at the body; a consistent damage pattern is maintained between 0 and 20 meters, with a single shot able to deal almost half a target's health points and degrading up to 20% of their current armor. Therefore, it's highly recommended to aim around the neck area – bullets will deal significant damage around the body and head, and stray shots that come in contact with the target's arms will rip apart any remaining armor, securing a quick kill at close-quarters.
- Reinforced Barrel (+4.0 attack, –0.35 auto fire)
|48.0 (-4.0 – 4.0)||69.6||89.9||82.3||9.17||32||94.7|
This set-up will increase the damage of the weapon while lowering the rate of fire slightly. While this will have very little impact on the ability to tap smoothly, it will reduce your spraying effectiveness at close-range. It will increase the maximum recoil slightly when continuously tapping, meaning you'll be actively moving the cross-hair downwards for longer during fire-fights. This barrel is only recommended for people actively aiming for the neck/head area in order to accumulate damage quickly.
- Burst Barrel (–2.5 accuracy, –1.5 auto fire accuracy, +0.48 auto fire)
|44.0 (-4.0 – 4.0)||69.6||85.4||82.3||10.00||32||94.7|
Using this barrel will yield a very noticeable drop in accuracy, so it's recommended to make use of the increased fire rate by only engaging with targets at close to medium ranges, and always at least two or three-shot bursting. This barrel makes fully automatic fire viable at distances up to 10 meters, as the maximum recoil level is achieved extremely quickly. If you must engage a target at a distance greater than 20 meters, you're strongly advised to crouch in order to minimize the accuracy drop.
|50 (-4.0 – 4.0)||60.1||93.9||59.5||10.00||25||90.5|
The SA58 Para has a very similar recoil pattern with the exception of extra upwards kick with every shot, making it relatively harder to control than the AK-47 Code Red. However, both guns feature high damage, range and accuracy, and have the ability to kill a target with a single head-shot at medium range. While the SA58 Para has better overall armor penetration, the AK-47 Code Red excels in body shot armor penetration at distances up to 20 meters. The play-style of these two weapons are exceptionally similar, requiring the user to constantly break-shot and tap.
|49.0 (-4.0 – 4.0)||63.4||94.2||64.9||8.70||30||92.4|
The AK-12, being part of the AK series, unsurprisingly shows a number of similar traits to the AK-47 Code Red. Again, we see high damage, range and accuracy being featured, along with a strong ability to penetrate armor and deal significant amounts of damage to the head and body regions at medium range. Although the AK-12's armor penetration is better than the AK-47 Code Red's, this weapon maintains its head-shot power over a similar range, and will still deal large amounts of damage at long-range considering the target's armor has degraded significantly.
- AK-47 Antique
- AK-47 Black Snake
- AK47 Dragon
- AK47 Glaucos
- AK-47 Hawkeye
- AK-47 Lion
- AK-47 MK.3
- AK47 Neon
- AK-47 Predator
- AK47 Sevres
- AK-47CQB Aka
- AK-47CQB Ao
- Golden AK-47
• Since the accuracy and stability of the AK-47 Code Red can become difficult to maintain at longer ranges, tapping is recommended at distances over 20 meters. By crouching and zooming in while engaging targets at such ranges, keeping the cross-hair tight and the recoil low is made easier.
• The AK-47 Code Red will reach its maximum recoil level rather quickly, so bursting up to three shots at a time can be very effective at close-range. If you're using the burst barrel, you can quite comfortably enter fully automatic fire if you're at a distance of 10 meters or less from the enemy.
• Due to the AK-47 Code Red's ability to effectively penetrate armor, aiming for the neck and head will result in very fast kills. The reinforced barrel increases the efficacy of this style of game-play by achieving an overall higher damage output and little repercussion on the tapping capability.
• The AK-47 Code Red is part of the Code Red series, which made its first appearance in the October 13 content update. Being a rifle man weapon, it was released alongside the Kriss H.V. Code Red and the AWM Code Red, following the tradition of having one weapon for each class.
• The AK-47 Code Red features high damage, range and accuracy. However, this variant has had its stability increased and rate of fire decreased. Therefore, tapping at longer ranges has been improved, but close-quarter combat may be less effective if the user isn't using the burst barrel.
• Unlike the MK.4 version of this weapon, the AK-47 Code Red can be modified, allowing the user to tailor this variant to suit their play-style while still remaining competitive. The reinforced barrel is more for users who aim for head-shots, whereas the burst barrel improves close-quarters combat.