|“||Shortened variant of the AKS-74. It retains the trademark reliability and fire power of AK series and is focused on mobility and maneuverability. AKS-74U is used by Russian special forces.||”|
|— Weapon Description|
The AKS-74U is a Point Man class weapon first introduced during the 02-25-10 Content Update.
This is considered one of the best SMGs in the game, following the Veresk and MP7. It has a great balance of range, damage, mobility and RoF, and it an all-round superior weapon to many of its counterparts. It also features one of the highest range statistics of all Point Man weapons in the game.
One of the immediately noticeable traits of the AKS-74U is that it has arguably the highest recoil and bloom of all SMGs in the game (on par with the Veresk). However, much like its cousin the AK-47, this can easily be overlooked with a bit of training and quickly becomes a high-performance machine of death. When compared to assault rifles (which the AKS-74U shares more in common with than the SMGs), the AKS-74U actually has pretty mediocre recoil and bloom, making it very usable for interested Rifleman looking to switch classes.
Due to the June 5th Content Update, the AKS-74U's price tag rose 3,000 euros, from 46,000 to 49,000.
- Burst Barrel (+2 RoF, -1 Accuracy)
- Mechanism Improvement (+1 RoF, -1 Accuracy)
- Custom Trigger (+2 Stability, -1 RoF)
- Ergonomic Grip (+1 Accuracy)
(+2 Stability, +1 Accuracy, -1 RoF) This build makes AKS-74U easier to use but less deadly. Recommended for beginners
- Custom Trigger
- Ergonomic Grip
(+3 RoF, -1 Accuracy) This build makes AKS-74U Top-Tier SMG. High DPS, penetration and low price makes this gun also the most cost-efficient SMG in-game.
- Burst Barrel
- Mechanism Improvement
- Ergonomic Grip
- AKS-74U Desmodus
- AKS-74U MOD 0
- Corvus III
- Noël AKS-74U
- AKS74U GoldSnake
- AKS-74U Black Snake
- AKS-74U A.V.A. 8th(Anniversary)
- AKS-74U Fullmoon
- Like the AK47, the AKS-74U should not be used in full auto unless at very close range, and should be either be used in short bursts (NOT quick taps, see next paragraph). This goes in sharp contrast with what Point Men are used to perform as (full auto at close range), but when sprayed the AKS-74U is more likely to get players killed than becoming a saving grace. Surprisingly, this weapon is actually MORE accurate when burst than when tapped. Video for proof will be posted at the end of this section.
- The AKS-74U has a vertical recoil pattern, a type seen mostly in the Rifleman Class. Very few pointmen weapon have vertical recoil, and those who do have it generally perform well at medium to short ranges. Since the AKS-74U is a carbine, it is able to fight beyond CQC, giving you a better fighting chance against Riflemen. Also, if your target is around 12-17 meters, burst for the chest, as the recoil will end up sending bullet to the head, making it a good headshot machine.
- The AKS-74U can be modified to perform very similar to the AKS-74U Desmodus. With proper modifications, the AKS-74U just lacks 2 Stability points, 2 ROF points, and 2 Accuracy points.
(with ammo mod: +10 Ammo, -2 Mobility) The AKS-74U has notably higher damage (36 to Veresk's 33), much higher range (30 to 22), MUCH lower mobility (70 to 90) and MUCH lower RoF (65 to 81) than SR-2M Veresk . They share the same accuracy, stability, and clip size.
Note that the AKS-74U isn't as moddable as the Veresk since the AKS-74U does not have a scope, nor does its has mods as potent as the Veresk's. That being said, the Veresk is also 25,000 euros more expensive.
The AKS-74U Has MUCH higher damage (36 to 27) and MUCH higher Range (30 to 20).
The MP7A1 has negligibly higher accuracy (42 to AKS-74U's 40), MUCH higher stability (44 to 28) MUCH higher mobility (92 to 70) and MUCH higher RoF (81 to 65). It also has a larger clip (40 to 30).
They have no statistic-based traits in common.
SG552 / RISEdit
Although the SG552 is not quite as damaging as the AKS-74U (-1 dmg, -1/+2 rof), It feels more stable with the stability grip and can be silenced and scoped for a more tactical/long range/expensive option.
FA-MAS F1 / G2Edit
Although being a rifleman and trading some DMG for RANGE, the FA-MAS feels similar in-game to the AKS-74U:
FA-MAS F1 < AKS-74U (Barrel + ROF + grip) = FA-MAS G2 (-ROF trigger, Hard Grip, +3 stab Stock)
- The AKS-74U is a carbine version of the AK74. This is similar to how the M4 is the carbine version of the M16.
- It is classified as an assault rifle, as all rifles firing intermediate rounds like the 5.56x45, and in the case of the AKS-74U, the 5.45x35, and has select fire capabilities (Semi, Safe, Auto) are Assault Rifles. Quoted from world.guns.ru " The AKS-74U short assault rifle (the "U" suffix means"Ukorochennyj" in Russian = "Shortened" in English) has been developed in the late 1970s from the AKS-74 assault rifle"
- The AKS-74U is actually used by Russian tank crewmen, support troops and airborne infantrys, not only by special forces.
- This gun is the basis of several other guns, including OTs-14 Groza.