|“||[AKS-74U Black Snake] SMG model with an impressive appearance based on the AKS-74U Desmodus with a special Scandium Coating construction. A special magazine provides it with an increased Magazine Capacity.||”|
|— Weapon Description|
The AKS-74U Black Snake is an automatic carbine used by point men, and is periodically made available through the on-line item mall through mystery boxes. It is an upgraded model and custom variant of the AKS-74U, specifically based on the AKS-74U Desmodus. It features a heavily modified chassis with a black snake theme across the entire model.
As a result of the AKS-74U Black Snake being modelled around the Desmodus version of the AKS-74U, this weapon features exceptionally high damage and range, which are coupled with unusually high accuracy and stability for a point man weapon. As with the majority of the successors to the AKS-74U, the usability of this weapon has been dramatically improved, and eliminates the option of modification without harming its practicality on the battlefield.
In terms of statistics, the AKS-74U Black Snake is identical to the AKS-74U Desmodus, however it is harder to obtain since this version only makes periodic appearances on the on-line web mall. Due to this match-up in statistics however, you can expect to see the same performance but with a higher ammo capacity. The drop in accuracy and stability while moving is extremely minimal, making it a favorable choice for those looking to out-last or rush their opponents.
Armor is torn through at a considerable rate when shots land in the torso and helmet areas – the AKS-74U Black Snake's unique ability to rip through armor with head-shots is noticeably greater than other similar weapons, meaning aiming for the head is an effective method of dealing consistent damage; even at longer ranges. A single head-shot can deal up to a quarter of your enemy's health at up to 40 meters, with each consecutive shot dealing more damage due to lessened armor.
Due to the versatility of the AKS-74U Black Snake, it is common to see its use in the majority of maps. Its combined efficacy as a close-range point man weapon, paired with its competitiveness at longer ranges makes this weapon strong competition against even the more advanced rifle man choices. Despite this, prolonged fully automatic fire at longer ranges is not advised as accuracy may become questionable – bursting in smaller groups can be beneficial in these situations.
The AKS-74U Black Snake cannot be modified.
|29.0 (-2.0 – 2.0)||42.4||78.1||87.5||12.99||40||93.6|
The MP7A1 has minimal recoil, especially when bursted. While the recoil pattern is different to that of the AKS-74U Black Snake, their usability is comparable in that fully automatic fire is very viable at closer ranges, and landing shots on opponents further away is still a capability. However, the MP7A1 suffers from a noticeably smaller range and damage, making the AKS-74U Black Snake the preferred choice in larger maps, but nonetheless remains a strong competitor for a fast-paced play style. Both weapons feature exceptional mobility for heightened manoeuvrability.
|38.0 (-3.0 – 3.0)||34.3||81.8||92.9||11.11||40||93.6|
Again, the MAGPUL PDR has a very small level of recoil/inaccuracy, meaning that it shares a similar play-style as the AKS-74U Black Snake. The MAGPUL PDR's damage is slightly lower, but redeems itself with exceptional handling – you can safely enter fully automatic fire, even at longer ranges. The need to burst is almost non-existent; which mimics the AKS-74U Black Snake's ability to endure fire fights. Though the MAGPUL PDR is easier to control, its range and armor penetration lets it down, meaning you're expected to land a larger amount of bullets to finish your opponent.
- AKS-74U Gold Snake
- AKS-74U Desmodus
- AKS-74U Eros
- AKS-74U Espada
- AKS-74U MOD 0
- Corvus III
- Corvus III Blaster
• The AKS-74U Black Snake was designed to be easy to use – if you feel that holding down the trigger, as opposed to bursting, will help you to secure the kill, you shouldn't be afraid to do so. Fully automatic fire is a safe option in both close-quarters and longer ranges.
• Even at longer ranges, the AKS-74U Black Snake will maintain damage; armor is penetrated greatly with head-shots, so aim high when possible to ensure maximum possible damage output. If you're uncomfortable with this method at longer ranges, aim for the torso to deal similar damage.
• Being a point man weapon, the AKS-74U Black Snake has high mobility, making it an optimal choice for rushing, and for smaller maps. It's important to remember that some rifle men weapons may have the upper hand in longer ranges, so getting close to your opponent first can be crucial.
• Despite its name, unlike the AK-47 Black Snake and DSR-1 Black Snake, the AKS-74U Black Snake wasn't released as part of a Mega Capsule promotion. It's not a jackpot weapon and does not have increasing damage with each kill, but still has a higher ammo capacity (+2).
• The AKS-74U Black Snake is one of three Black Snake weapons to have a Gold Snake variant released. This resulted with one weapon for each class – the other two Gold Snake variants, also obtained through mystery boxes are the AK-47 Gold Snake and the DSR-1 Gold Snake.
• The AKS-74U Black Snake, like most of the AKS-74U's successors, has no available modifications. This omits the need to pay for extra recurring costs. Despite this, the usability of the weapon has not been affected, as the statistics have been increased to compensate.