Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||An upgraded model of the AKS-74U with a more precise bolt and gas piston, and improved durability of the exterior material. It has a distinctive exterior bat-motif, hand painted by a master artisan.||”|
|— Weapon Description|
The AKS-74U Desmodus is an automatic carbine used by point men, and is available for permanent purchase in the in-game shop for 200 blue tickets by soldiers of or above the Staff Sergeant Lv 3 rank. It is an upgraded model and custom variant of the AKS-74U, featuring dark blue, purple and black paintwork, with a bat motif displayed across the main body.
As a result of the AKS-74U Desmodus serving as a directly explicit upgrade from the original AKS-74U, this weapon subsequently features exceptionally high damage and range, which are coupled with unusually high accuracy and stability for a point man weapon. As with the majority of the successors to the AKS-74U, the usability of this weapon has been dramatically improved, and eliminates the option of modification without harming its practicality on the battlefield.
In terms of statistics, the AKS-74U Desmodus is identical to most other upgraded variants of the AKS-74U, given the exception of increases to ammo capacity, where this model has the standard 35. Due to this match-up in statistics however, you can expect to see the same performance when compared to most other versions. The drop in accuracy and stability while moving is extremely minimal, making it a favorable choice for those looking to out-last or rush their opponents.
Armor is torn through at a considerable rate when shots land in the torso and helmet areas – the AKS-74U Desmodus's unique ability to rip through armor with head-shots is noticeably greater than other similar weapons, meaning aiming for the head is an effective method of dealing consistent damage; even at longer ranges. A single head-shot can deal up to a quarter of your enemy's health at up to 40 meters, with each consecutive shot dealing more damage due to lessened armor.
Due to the versatility of the AKS-74U Desmodus, it is common to see its use in the majority of maps. Its combined efficacy as a close-range point man weapon, paired with its competitiveness at longer ranges makes this weapon strong competition against even the more advanced rifle man choices. Despite this, prolonged fully automatic fire at longer ranges is not advised as accuracy may become questionable – bursting in smaller groups can be beneficial in these situations.
The AKS-74U Desmodus cannot be modified.
|29.0 (-2.0 – 2.0)||42.4||78.1||87.5||12.99||40||93.6|
The MP7A1 has minimal recoil, especially when bursted. While the recoil pattern is different to that of the AKS-74U Desmodus, their usability is comparable in that fully automatic fire is very viable at closer ranges, and landing shots on opponents further away is still a capability. However, the MP7A1 suffers from a noticeably smaller range and damage, making the AKS-74U Desmodus the preferred choice in larger maps, but nonetheless remains a strong competitor for a fast-paced play style. Both weapons feature exceptional mobility for heightened maneuverability.
|38.0 (-3.0 – 3.0)||34.3||81.8||92.9||11.11||40||93.6|
Again, the MAGPUL PDR has a very small level of recoil/inaccuracy, meaning that it shares a similar play-style as the AKS-74U Desmodus. The MAGPUL PDR's damage is slightly lower, but redeems itself with exceptional handling – you can safely enter fully automatic fire, even at longer ranges. The need to burst is almost non-existent; which mimics the AKS-74U Desmodus's ability to endure fire fights. Though the MAGPUL PDR is easier to control, its range and armor penetration lets it down, meaning you're expected to land a larger amount of bullets to finish your opponent.
- AKS-74U Black Snake
- AKS-74U Gold Snake
- AKS-74U Eros
- AKS-74U Espada
- AKS-74U MOD 0
- Corvus III
- Corvus III Blaster
- Noël AKS-74U
• The AKS-74U Desmodus was designed to be easy to use – if you feel that holding down the trigger, as opposed to bursting, will help you to secure the kill, you shouldn't be afraid to do so. Fully automatic fire is a safe option in both close-quarters and longer ranges.
• Even at longer ranges, the AKS-74U Desmodus will maintain damage; armor is penetrated greatly with head-shots, so aim high when possible to ensure maximum possible damage output. If you're uncomfortable with this method at longer ranges, aim for the torso to deal similar damage.
• Being a point man weapon, the AKS-74U Desmodus has high mobility, making it an optimal choice for rushing, and for smaller maps. It's important to remember that some rifle men weapons may have the upper hand in longer ranges, so getting close to your opponent first can be crucial.
• Where the AKS-74U Desmodus has the same statistics and subsequent performance as most other upgraded versions of the AKS-74U, such as the Corvus III and AKS-74U Black Snake, it can be seen as a relatively cheap way to obtain a very solid point man weapon.
• The AKS-74U Desmodus was the first upgraded model and custom variant of the AKS-74U to be released, and it now sits as just one of eight different versions. However, as of the 28th January 2016, this variant is the only one to be made available for purchase with blue tickets.
• The AKS-74U Desmodus, like most of the AKS-74U's successors, has no available modifications. This omits the need to pay for extra recurring costs. Despite this, the usability of the weapon has not been affected, as the statistics have been increased to compensate.