The AN94 is an Assault Rifle added during the 11-10-10 Content Update. The AN94 is truly an unique weapon, much different from weapons unlocked at the Staff Sergeant rank. The ultra-low stability turns many people away from it. The tiny crosshairs grow fast when firing fully automatic, yet is slow to become small. It is true that the AN94 is one of the hardest weapons to kill with in game, and still give even high ranking players a hard time to master. However, the AN94 is a headshot machine, and when 2 round bursted, can kill enemies at any range with only 2 rounds. The non-existant recoil and the low crosshair bloom for the first 2 shots plus the 80 accuracy makes the AN94 a headshot hunter. Although after the 2nd shot, the AN94's recoil and bloom becomes uncontrollable, thus making the AN94 a tap or burst weapon.
- No recoil or bloom what-so-ever for the first 2 rounds. If bursted properly, the AN94 can perform very similar to the AN94 ONCA.
- Laser tight crosshairs at a high 80 accuracy. This makes it easy to pick off headshots at long range.
- Low DPS: Each bullet deals 36 damage, one higher than the FN-F2000, and fires at 600 RPM. This means it takes a lot longer to kill than a gun like the AK47. Also, the first 2 shots are not 1800RPM. It is still 600rpm, contrary to what the in game description says.
- Sporadic recoil: The ultimate downfall of this gun. Most low DPS assault rifles like the FN-F2000, M4A1 MK.3, and the Remington R4 have easy to manage recoil, which balances out their low DPS. The recoil on the AN94 however, is random. It does not have a preference towards left or right, but instead, it just jumps left and right randomly with a strong upward pull.
- Rapid bloom rate: This makes shooting on the move almost impossible. The 80 accuracy will be immediately lost once you start moving. If you want to kill anything with this gun, CROUCH!
The above disadvantages HEAVILY outweigh the advantages. However, it can be used and used well if in the hands of a skilled player.
- Long Range Barrel (+3.5 Range)
- Burst Barrel (-0.8 Accuracy, -0.6 Auto Fire ACC, +4.3 RoF)
- Aim Shot Helper (Increase aimed fire quality)
- Ergonomic Grip (+1.5 Accuracy, +1.1 Auto Fire ACC)
- Shock Absorber (+1.7 Accuracy,+1.5 Auto Fire ACC)
- Recoil Control Stock
- Long Range
Long Range Barrel
(a nice alternative to the M16A2) (fairly stable and accurate when bursted)
- Recoil Build
(behaves similarly to the K2Rail with bad repair) (take advantage of the tapping to maximize control over the gun)
- Shift Walk Build
BB, Aim Grip, SAS
(good for shiftwalking and crouching) (no recoil when bursted+shiftwalked) (Limits Mobuility, Requires Headshots/Camping)
There are 3 ways to fire this gun,
1)Tap. (Mods Necesary: RC Stock)
NEVER hold down the trigger unless they are 5m feet away. Medium range (10-15m) , spam the trigger as fast as you can. This will HUGELY reduce the recoil, making the first couple of shots landing in close vicinity to each other. After a couple of shots, the cross hairs will jump around sporadically.
2) spam 2 shot bursts (Mods Necesary: Range Barrel)
hold the trigger for the first 2 shots, then let go of the trigger as soon as the second bullet is fired.
This is the time for you to adjust your aim and then fire again, (this step is .1 seconds speed)
3) spam 3 shot burst(Mods Necesary: Burst Barrel)
do the above but using 3 shots instead of 2. Although in the description it says all of this fancy stuff about its 2 shot and mobility, this doesn't work in game. If you want to moveshot and do decently with this weapon, spam 3 shot bursts. this Option turns this gun into a AKS74u with a Custom trigger. (thanks to Pyro911 and the R4PE clan)
If you are good at head shots, like REALLY good, 2 round burst to the head will drop the guy. However, because of its very unforgiving nature, if you miss, you are SCREWED. Longish range (20-30m) Zoom in and ease up on the trigger. Dont click as fast, it will mitigate some of the random recoil, may be enough to get the 5-6 hits to the chest you need for that kill. Long range (40m+) Don't even try to engage. A sniper will kill you.
Remember, the recoil after the 2nd shot is very noticeable, so only 2 round burst if you know you can get a clean head shot. If AVA released a new patch that would make the first 2 rounds fire 1800rpm, change the recoil to a strictly upwards pull, then this gun would be quite balanced.
Another "advantage" to this gun, is that it offers good practice for the PARA. The recoil and damage is just so much more worse than the PARA, meaning if you get to a point where you can consistently pull off kills with the AN94, you can probably do really well on the PARA also.
This weapon is rarely seen outside of AI Annihilation modes, and is generally avoided all together in favor of the weaker, easier to use AN94 Sidewinder.
- The AN94 is a rifle used by Russian special forces. The first 2 rounds are loaded, fired off, and leave the barrel before the barrel finishes its recoil cycle, at 1800RPM(while the rest of the shots are around 600RPM), meaning that the AN-94 is able to fire two rounds in the recoil cycle of one round. This makes it an extremely accurate assault rifle, capable of landing 2 bullets in one hole out to 100m. The in game version of the AN94 sharply contrasts from its real world capabilities. To effectively use the AN94, users can do short 2 round bursts. Deadly and efficient.
- In comparison to the AK platform,the AN-94 is much harder to disassemble,due to the mechanism being tenfold more complicated,this also means the "legendary" reliability of the AK platform is nonexistent in the AN-94.
- The magazine of the AN-94 is canted several degrees to the right of the weapon due to the mechanism.
- The rifle's full name is Avtomat Nikonova model of 1994,referring to its creator Gennadiy Nikonov and the year it entered production.