Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The AR-57 Fighting Machine is an automatic carbine used by point men, and was available for permanent purchase in the fourth installment of the Fortune Stars. It is an upgraded model and custom variant of the AR-57, featuring a futuristic robotic theme; with grey and silver paintwork across the entire chassis, and pulsating red lights about the exterior.
With the exception of jackpot weapons, unlike most weapons included in the Fortune Star and Mega Capsule promotions, the AR-57 Fighting Machine offers an addition to the base statistics alongside the usual increase to ammo capacity. In comparison to the original AR-57, this weapon sees an increase to fire rate, which compliments the already high magazine size. This upgrade sees the effective damage output improved and therefore works to eliminate any deficiency during firefights.
Where the AR-57 Fighting Machine offers the same set of modifications, you can exceed the performance of its original variant. Due to this match-up in statistics, this weapon sits quite comfortably as one of the most effective high capacity point man weapons; rivaling past leading weapons in the same category such as the Bizon Arachne and PPSh-41. This means that its use is quite commonly seen in both co-op and annihilation, but less often in demolition and other larger maps.
As the AR-57 Fighting Machine offers substantial accuracy and stability, even while moving, it is a favorable choice for those looking to out-last or rush their opponents. Those with a steady hand will find that actively aiming for the head, especially in close-quarters combat, can make this weapon deadly and further extends its capability to engage multiple targets. However, damage done to armor is quite low, especially against higher tiered pieces, so landing many successive shots is essential.
As expected from a weapon designed for close range, the AR-57 Fighting Machine will begin to struggle when expected to perform past approximately 20 - 25 meters. The high mobility offered encourages you to decide when avoiding potential targets is the best course of action; depending on the situation, running away can be a viable tactic, especially when you're low on health. Fully automatic fire is almost always feasible, so you may find that crouching will enable to you to maintain usability.
- Burst Barrel (-1.2 accuracy, -1.1 auto fire accuracy, +0.81 auto fire)
- Light Weight Trigger (+0.2 auto fire accuracy)
- Ergonomic Grip (+1.2 accuracy, +1.1 auto fire accuracy)
|36.0 (-1.0 – 1.0)||36.2||81.8||93.2||13.16||54||90.89|
This set-up will further increase your fire rate while improving the overall accuracy of the weapon. Although the Silicon Grip will partially stunt the rate at which accuracy drops, you will find that you'll very rarely be firing the weapon for a short enough time for this to be of any use. By using the Ergonomic Grip, you increase the initial accuracy and reduce the maximum bloom, which makes engaging targets while entering fully automatic fire for longer yield less of a noticeable penalty.
|38.5 (-3.5 – 3.5)||42.4||77.5||91.8||12.50||35||90.1|
The KRISS Vector shows similarity to the AR-57 Fighting Machine in that both weapons are designed for rushing – damage output is at its greatest in close-range, and acts as an effective method of combating rifles expected to perform better over a longer ranges. The KRISS Vector also sees an increase in capacity over the original Kriss Super V, mimicking the improved capacity of the AR-57 Fighting Machine. While the KRISS Vector is a decent match for overall damage, its accuracy is less easily maintained when compared to the AR-57 Fighting Machine.
|38.0 (-3.0 – 3.0)||34.3||81.8||92.9||11.11||40||93.6|
Again, the MAGPUL PDR has a very small level of recoil/inaccuracy, meaning that it shares a similar play-style as the AR-57 Fighting Machine. The MAGPUL PDR's damage is slightly lower, but redeems itself with exceptional handling – you can safely enter fully automatic fire, even at longer ranges. The need to burst is almost non-existent; which mimics the AR-57 Fighting Machine's ability to endure firefights. Though the MAGPUL PDR is easier to control, its range and armor penetration lets it down, meaning you're expected to land a larger amount of bullets to finish your opponent.
• The AR-57 Fighting Machine was designed to be easy to use. You should usually be entering fully automatic fire to maximize your damage output. You will find that bursting isn't usually necessary unless your target is far away, where bursting in large groups will help to improve usability.
• As the AR-57 Fighting Machine is suited for close-quarters combat. You are encouraged to rush targets where possible as opposed to facing them at larger distances. At long range, you may struggle to secure kills due to this weapon's lower armor penetration.
• Being a high capacity weapon, the AR-57 Fighting Machine is commonly seen in co-op and annihilation, especially where this variant has 4 extra ammo. It serves as a modern substitute for its category, offering competitive damage and usability statistics.
• Despite the AR-57 Fighting Machine not being a jackpot weapon in its respective Fortune Stars season, it sees improvements past the usual increase to ammo capacity. With an increase to fire rate, it can surpass the performance of its original variant where it offers the same modifications.
• Similarly to quite a few other point man weapons, the AR-57 Fighting Machine has no right-click function, and with no scope available, you are unable to zoom in at all. In addition, as is the case with some other high capacity weapons, you can equip a silencer by pressing V.
• The AR-57 Fighting Machine is the first variant of the AR-57 to be released. Where the original variant costs an expensive 70,000 € as of 20 December 2015, players who wanted to try this weapon may have found the Fortune Stars event to be an easier way to obtain it.