Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||Military version of PM by Britain's AI. Top class durability and precision have put this rifle the symbol of modern day sniper rifle. Many nations favor this weapon and it has many variants including the AWM.||”|
|— Weapon Description|
The loud booming shots of the powerful AWM are easily recognizable. This sniper rifle has excellent damage, coupled with high accuracy at very long range. Although its damage can be further upgraded to 105 with the .338 Lapua Barrel modification, it is still not as capable of killing in one hit as most bolt-action sniper rifles, as its bullets often attempt to penetrate through armor before dealing damage to health. For players who frequently quickswitch, the AWM's slow draw speed can become a noticeable hindrance.
Nevertheless, it is one of the only two sniper rifles in AVA whose accuracy can be upgraded to a perfect 100; this means the bullet will always hit exactly in the center of the crosshair. In the hands of a skilled sniper, this weapon can effectively lay down pinpoint-accurate fire on the enemy's team. This gun has the fastest scope speed in the game, allowing it to be used in short range combat if needed. At close quarters, the AWM's bolt-action mechanism can greatly hinder its potential, as its rate of fire is not at all on par with both Rifleman and Pointman guns. The AWM is best known for its tendency to Tag at completely random times. However, the AWM can tag at almost any range: you could shoot someone point blank and you would tag them, then shoot someone over an extremely long range and achieve a one hit kill. The chance to tag is about 12%, not accounting for players with better armor.
The AWM also is considered by many players to have the best moveshot, as the crosshair barely moves when move-shotting.
- Precision Scope (+3 Range)
- .338 Lapua Barrel (+10 Damage, -2 Stability)
- Light Weighted Barrel (+2 RoF, +1 Mobility, -1 Range)
- Sniper Trigger (+2 Accuracy, decrease zoom speed)
- Weight Grip (+1 Stability, -1 Mobility)
- Heavy Stock (+2 Stability, -2 Mobility)
- Shock Absorber (+1 Accuracy, -1 Stability)
The player should always use the .338 Lapua barrel to maximize the kill rate of the weapon. The Precision Scope is also recommended, as it's the fastest sniper scope in the game . Sniper Trigger should be avoided, because it slows scope-in speed. Grip and Stock upgrades are unnecessary as the difference is entirely negligible.
- According to the weapon stats from KAVA website, the AWM is chambered by the 7.62 x 51 NATO cartridge . Which is untrue because in real life AWM can only be chambered by .300 Win and .338 Lapua Magnum.
- The AWSM, short for Arctic Warfare Super Magnum, fires the .338 Lapua Magnum. In essence, once the AWM is upgraded for the Lapua barrel in game, it becomes the AWSM.
- The L115A3, a variant of the AWSM, holds the record for the longest confirmed sniper kill at a distance of 2,475 m (record now surpassed by the Barret M82A1 at 2815 meters).