|“||[FN FNC Diamond] A custom model that has found sparkling beauty through innovative and daring trial. It sports a changed appearance, and has an overall improved performance owing to improved components.||”|
|— Weapon Description|
The FN FNC Diamond is an automatic assault rifle used by rifle men, and was available for permanent purchase by soldiers of any rank through the Snowflake mystery box, which had been released in the in-game capsule shop. It is an upgraded model and custom variant of the FN-FNC, featuring an icy blue exterior and muzzle flash, modifications to the physical model, and a new set of sound effects.
The FN FNC Diamond sees vast improvements over the original model, with a dramatic increase to statistics across the board. This buff stabilizes the weapon an ample amount and keeps the cross-hair tighter for longer periods of time. In addition, the damage increase means that you can secure kills comparatively faster at any distance from your target. The rifle is well-rounded and means that it can be utilized quite easily regardless of your familiarity to it.
Most notably, where the FN FNC Diamond has seen huge upgrades to its usability, it is a much more viable weapon when compared to other higher tiered weapons. Although the original found it difficult to engage in prolonged fire, the improvements seen in this iteration largely mitigate this former disadvantage. The simplistic upwards recoil is relatively easy to counteract, and accuracy doesn't become particularly questionable for a longer period of time.
The high damage output of the FN FNC Diamond ensures that targets can be executed very quickly as long as you are capable of landing several successive shots. Doing so might become more difficult at higher ranges due to the slight drop in accuracy, but its range statistic guarantees consistent damage through the shots you are able to land. This effectively opens up two different play-styles; one focusing on spraying in close quarters, and the other tapping at long range.
Despite this comfortable increase to usability, the FN FNC Diamond still suffers from its lower fire rate, and as such, introduces a greater penalty for missing shots. This weapon heavily relies on its user's ability to actively control the weapon in such a way that near-maximum potential damage is achieved by wasting as few rounds as possible. Those unable to concentrate on this aspect may find it difficult to engage against targets wielding other popular modern rifles.
The FN FNC Diamond cannot be modified.
|45.0 (-4.0 – 4.0)||68.7||89.9||83.0||9.09||30||93.5|
The AK-47 is a high-powered rifle with a fair amount of recoil present, but similarly to the FN FNC Diamond, it has a simplistic pattern that can be quite easily counteracted. The damage dealt by the AK-47 per shot is lower, but makes up for it with an increased fire rate. The accuracy of both weapons gradually decreases during prolonged fire which may make it difficult to engage targets at a longer range unless you're tapping. As a result of the higher fire rate, the AK-47 has a higher potential damage output, but this is usually difficult to replicate due to its worse handling.
|37.2 (-4.2 – 1.8)||66.9||83.2||90.9||9.62||30||93.2|
The XM8 is another rifle capable of producing a high damage output under ideal circumstances, but again is noticeably not as effective during extended fire, including firefights. These two weapons were meant for precision and rely on their user to play tactically; engaging when appropriate while avoiding unnecessary damage, especially from other high powered rifles that focus purely on damage. In order to out-perform the enemy, the XM8 works at its best at mid-range, whereas the FN FNC Diamond is more fluid in its approach offering both close quarters and long range efficacy.
• The FN FNC Diamond was designed to be sprayed – don't be afraid to hold the trigger down for a little longer if it means securing the kill. Fully automatic fire can be viable even at medium ranges, but keep your cross-hair aimed at the center of your target in order to ensure maximum coverage.
• At longer ranges, you may find that the FN FNC Diamond becomes slightly inaccurate, especially during prolonged fire. In this instance, you are advised to burst in smaller groups and take cover when appropriate; high-powered rifles such as the AK-12 will have the advantage at long range.
• Due to the lower fire rate of the FN FNC Diamond, it's important to land as many shots as possible to rack up damage quickly. If you're uncomfortable consistently aiming for the head, you can aim solely for the body to ensure maximum coverage and a high ratio of successful shots.
• The FN FNC Diamond was released as the jackpot weapon of the Snowflake mystery box, but only loosely fits in with the promotion's theme. This is similar to other past jackpot weapons such as the M4A1 Carbon and M82A3 Barrett. These weapons are mostly offered for a better incentive.
• The FN FNC Diamond marks the FN-FNC's first ever cosmetic variant, and has seen significant statistic upgrades. As a result, this weapon is able to hold its own more effectively against other, more modern weapons, and serves as an alternative to other sprayed rifles.
• The FN FNC Diamond does not have any available modifications. This omits the need to pay for any extra recurring costs – the low resulting maintenance cost reduces the on-going euro fees. It also means that, with the exception of ammo boosts, all iterations of this weapon are the same.