|“||[FR-F2 Legend] It's more than just a weapon, it's a legend. This special version of the FR-F2 is all decked out with distinctive patterns worthy of its title. It was designed by Anapshock, a member of the A.V.A. community.||”|
|— Weapon Description|
The FR-F2 Legend is a bolt-action sniper rifle used by snipers, and was available through the in-game capsule shop and via the on-line item mall. It is an upgraded model and custom variant of the FR-F2, featuring light brown and silver filigree paintwork across the body, with updated textures across the exterior resembling an oaken stock and barrel.
The FR-F2 Legend sees numerous direct upgrades from the original FR-F2, and therefore features statistic improvements across the board, including exceptional accuracy, heightened shot recovery speed and improved range. In addition, by default, its scope has the exact same performance as the Sharpshooter Scope modification that was available on the original model; resulting in two comfortable scope phases and a short scope-in time. This contributes to an overall heightened mobility.
The high speed and convenient magnification offered by the upgraded scope sees the FR-F2 Legend used in a wide range of situations; it is not particularly affected by the size of the map it's being used in. This versatility allows it to perform effectively at most ranges and as such, is not limited by its user's play-style. Those who chose to rush will find that, despite the improvement to fire rate, quick-switching is still very beneficial, especially when faced against other snipers.
The FR-F2 Legend, along with its other variants, boasts the highest penetration statistic of any other weapon currently available. This, coupled with its high potential damage, means that executing a one-shot to one-kill ratio is almost always guaranteed at close to mid-range regardless of your target's armor – this becomes less effective the further you away you are, but nevertheless still makes it an extremely reliable choice. Tagging should only occur on a target's limbs at a large distance.
While it is rare for the FR-F2 Legend to be restrictive based on a preferred play-style, as expected, there are some specialized sniper rifles that will outperform it in particular situations. For example, the DSR-1 is able to fire faster at the cost of a lesser damage and the PGM.338 has a higher scope magnification at the cost of lesser speed. As such, while this weapon should be used for its comprehensive ability to adapt, still be prepared for situations where you don't always have the advantage.
The FR-F2 Legend cannot be modified.
|119.5 (-4.5 – 10.5)||94.8||88.8||69.9||0.91||5||87.0|
The ASW.338 is a moderately high-powered sniper rifle, able to deal a significant amount of damage over a large range of distances, which mimics the versatility of the FR-F2 Legend. In addition, it offers the Sharpshooter Scope as a modification, which makes it feel very similar in terms of handling. The main difference lies where the ASW.338 has a lower armor penetration and slower fire rate (which can be vastly improved through quick-switching), but attempts to mitigate the deficiency through its pre-equipped silencer; improving your stealth on the battlefield.
|126.0 (-4.0 – 4.0)||98.1||88.8||69.9||0.91||5||92.6|
The L96A1 again is similar to the FR-F2 Legend in terms of handling, especially where it too offers the Sharpshooter Scope. Despite this similarity, you may find that the L96A1 will tag more often, which can become increasingly problematic at longer ranges, especially when the enemy is wearing higher tiered armor. Those looking to utilize the L96A1 over the FR-F2 Legend may do so to benefit from the slightly improved recoil control and the faster recovery rate between shots when quick-switching, but in exchange must be more actively aware of where to aim.
• The versatility offered by the FR-F2 Legend ensures that it isn't forced to abide by any one specific play-style. You should utilize it on an ad-hoc basis, either changing your pace depending on the current situation, or becoming familiar with it on your own personal preference.
• Although the FR-F2 Legend will rarely tag, it is still ideal to aim for the torso at long distances. Shots to the limbs will usually secure a kill (depending on how much armor your opponent has), and as such, no-scoping is a viable option at close range if it becomes necessary to do so.
• Despite the high overall speed, you are still advised to quick-switch whenever possible with the FR-F2 Legend to minimize the delay between shots. Doing so becomes most advantageous when faced with a distant target, or against a Point Man, Rifle Man or faster sniper rifle at close range.
• The FR-F2 Legend features statistical improvements across the board. Despite this variant not having any modifications available, its base statistics surpass the fully modified original FR-F2, and its default scope additionally has the same performance as the Sharpshooter Scope.
Trivia composed by: Anonymous | Signed: Unsigned
• The FR-F2 Legend was introduced via one of the community skin design contests, held on Aeria's official forums. The user .AnapShock came up with the winning design and as such, was credited in the weapon description. It was then the focus of the in-game capsule shop for a while.
• Unlike the original model, the FR-F2 Legend cannot be modified, omitting the need to pay for any extra recurring costs. Due to this, in comparison to other sniper rifles of a similar tier, this weapon could be considered a cheaper option in terms of the euros required to maintain it.