|“||Picatinny rail equipped model. Various accessories can be equipped. Internal functioning design takes form of direct gas action similar to M16 series and is very handy. It is being used in many countries including Korea.||”|
|— Weapon Description|
The K1A1 Rail is a Pointman weapon first introduced during the 05-05-11 Content Update. Like all Pointman carbines, it acts as a longer ranged Pointman gun with a higher effective range, damage and accuracy. However, it suffers from a lack of ROF (for its class) and does not do as well as its PM counterparts in CQC. As such, this gun can be considered akin to a psuedo-Rifleman's weapon. The K1A1 is excellent for more passive-aggressive gameplay, in contrast to the typical "rushing" that Pointmen are associated with. For players whom relate to that playstyle, this may outperform the MP7 or Veresk, as nether really cater to the niche.
The K1A1 Rail is one of the few SMGs which are unable to equip a silencer.
It ties with the SG552 Commando as second most damaging (non-capsule) SMG, only beaten by the AKS-74u.
In terms of modifications, the K1A1 is capable of either focusing on being a more accurate "psuedo-rifle" (with Accuracy add-ons), or becoming a long-range SMG (with stability mods and the RoF add-on).
What makes the K1A1 unique is that it's extremely versatile. When made into a pseudo-rifle it is comparable to a mid-RoF Assault Rifle and plays almost identically to the famed M4A1 series. When modded toward stability and RoF, its high stability makes it play similarly to the MP7 but with superior range -at the cost of a significantly lower DPS and clip size.
It usually has a 4 shot kill to the torso (though occasionally 5), and a wonderful 2 bullets to headshot when within the weapon's generous range.
Overall, this gun is highly recommended. At 47,000, it may be pricey, but certainly worth it.
- Burst Barrel (Accuracy -1.6, Auto Fire ACC -1.0, Auto Fire +0.69)
- Sharpshooter Barrel (Accuracy +1.5, Auto Fire ACC +1.2, Auto Fire -0.73)
- Advanced Trigger (Range -2.6)
- Precision Trigger (Accuracy +1.5, Auto Fire ACC +1.4)
- Soft Grip (Accuracy -2.9, Auto Fire ACC -1.6)
- Silicon Grip (Accuracy +0.5, Auto Fire ACC +2)
- Burst Barrel
- Soft Grip
Dot (x2 HS) is not recommended since aimed fire lowers your RoF.
- The K2 Rail is directly related to the K1A1 Rail, but the K2 Rail is a Rifleman weapon in AVA. The K2 Rail is buyable and can be found used by NPC's in the "Canon [AI] Demolition" missions.
- In a side-by-side Comparison between a unmodded K1A1 to a unmodded M4A1 Mk3, it has almost identical Damage (35 and 34, respectably) and Rate of Fire ( 65,67), resulting in having almost indentical DPS (although the K1A1's is slightly higher). To reinforce this, the K1A1 and the M4A1 mk3 both have a 30 round clip. However, in Accuracy, Range, and Stability the mk3 is dramatically higher,and the K1A1 has dramatically higher mobility, which is fine given the fact that the mk3 is a rifle and the K1A1 is a Pointman weapon. Also, interestingly enough, all the differences in stats are in approximately 20 point intervals.