The M24 is a bolt action sniper rifle. It has been used by the United States Army and the Special Forces due to its rugged ability. Because of its relatively low damage, it is not as popular as the SV98. However, it is still capable of one-hit kills when the bullet hits the chest or head, making it very skill dependant. The penetration ability of the M24 can be hindered even moreso by the use of non-standard Kevlar which may force the user to make several follow-up shots to get their kill.
The M24 sports a relatively higher-than-average rate of fire for a bolt-action rifle. However, it only has a 5-bullet magazine until it needs to reload, which is respectably quick, at speed of about only 1-2 seconds it can place the user of an M24 ready for the next shot before another Sniper. In addition, it has a fast draw speed and takes very little time to view the scope, which makes it an excellent weapon to use in conjunction with the QQ method (where one taps the "Q" key twice in rapid succession to skip the bolt action animation). It is not preferred you use this weapon as your primary sniper rifle because of it's low stopping power and as a result has a higher tag rate in comparison to other Bolt Action Sniper Rifles. Because of this, a tagged enemy can quickly end you if you cannot line up a follow-up shot, but it is understandable if one is on a tight budget as its repair price is relatively low as with other default weapons and lacks an alternative. However, prepare for your sniping skills to be tested, particuarly against more powerful Snipers like the TPG-1, SV-98, or FR-F2, since you will be at a significant disadvantage. The zoom of the M24's standard scope is a double-phase scope, the second zoom is a small magnification which is small aid to lining up a shot. The accuracy of the M24 is tolerable as it has a considerable amount of deviation when standing but is remedied by crouching making the deviation slightly less.
In Aeria AVA and in AVA SEA the M24 is the default sniper rifle for the Sniper class. The M24 can be modded in all versions of AVA.
M24 Upgrade Kit (+3 Damage ,+5 Range)
Long Range (+2 Range ,-1 Stability)
Shock Absorber (+1 Accuracy ,-1 Stability)
Heavy Stock (+2 Stability ,-2 Mobility)
M24 Upgrade Kit
- M24 Fleur-de-lys
- M24 Capricorn
- M24S., Medal of Valor
- M24 Assimilator
- M24A2 A.V.A. 7th Anniversary
- M24 Betrayal
- The M24 Sniper Weapon System is the military and police version of the Remington 700 rifle, M24 SWS being its US Military designation.
- The M24 is still seeing limited use in the US Army, but with the introduction of more modern rifles like the XM2010 and M110, it will most likely be phased out before 2020.
- Ingame the M24 has a custom paint job on its stock.
- Though the damage stat is listed as 85, in reality it is 107 according to the stats released in the Korean version of AVA. Despite it's damage, it is still weaker than the majority of the bolt action rifles in the shop and has pitiful range.