Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||[M24A2 A.V.A. 7th Anniversary] specially designed to commemorate the seventh anniversary of the introduction of the SR model. M24 Fleur-de-lys based performance has increased by applying the improved magazine features.||”|
|— Weapon Description|
The M24A2 A.V.A. 7th Anniversary is a bolt-action sniper rifle used by snipers, and was available for both permanent and temporary purchase in the on-line Item Mall. It is an upgraded model and custom variant of the M24, designed for the game's 7th anniversary, featuring gilded artwork atop a matte-black background and the Alliance of Valiant Arms flair on the stock.
The M24A2 A.V.A. 7th Anniversary retains many of the same features present on its predecessor, and actually performs identically to the first released variant of the M24, the M24 Fleur-de-lys. Therefore, this weapon features an exceptionally fast draw and scope speed, paired with outstanding rate of fire, accuracy, and reload time. Due to its fast handling properties, users will very commonly quick-switch while using it resulting in a very short delay between each available shot.
A second scope phase is available meaning that accuracy can be maintained in longer-range fire, but the magnification is not so significant in comparison to other sniper rifles. In addition to this, the M24A2 A.V.A. 7th Anniversary suffers in both range and armor penetration, meaning that arm and leg shots will usually tag, similarly to body shots against a well-armoured target at a large range. Despite this, this weapons excels in sniper-only game modes due to the capability of faster recovery.
The hip-fire ability of the M24A2 A.V.A. 7th Anniversary has been dramatically improved over the original M24, so in very close-quarter combat, no-scoping can be viable. The damage and armor penetration of this weapon is maintained over most distances, but since its magnification causes the weapon to become more difficult to aim for the body or head on a faraway target, engaging in such situations is not recommended. This variant has seen a damage increase, negating most random body tagging.
For practical battle situations, it is advised to pair this weapon with a fast drawing side-arm, such as the FN57. If your target tags your initial shot, the ability to finish the kill with a high fire rate pistol can be imperative. Luckily, you should not have to worry about the damage of your chosen side-arm in most instances – although the M24A2 A.V.A. 7th Anniversary may tag your targets more often than is desirable, you can be sure that they will be left with exceptionally low health and armor.
The M24A2 A.V.A. 7th Anniversary cannot be modified.
The SV98 has a very similar play-style as the M24A2 A.V.A. 7th Anniversary, which is owed to its fast draw and scope speed. The SV98 has a noticeably slower reload speed, but unlike this weapon, has many modifications available to improve itself generally. Both of these weapons excel in sniper-only modes due to their ability to recover faster than most other sniper rifles, and both will still retain their hip-firing ability. The M24A2 A.V.A. 7th Anniversary has a significantly higher damage, but the two weapons share their range and armour penetration, meaning the SV98 will tag more often.
The Mosin-Nagant has a similar scope speed and will actually tag significantly less often than the M24A2 A.V.A. 7th Anniversary, but has a few comparable downsides that should be considered. Being internal magazine-fed, the Mosin-Nagant has a much slower reload time, as it is only capable of replenishing one round at a time. It also does not feature a second draw phase, and cannot be quick-switched as efficiently as the M24A2 A.V.A. 7th Anniversary. Despite this, it is still a popular choice among users as it balances handling with power, making the need for an accessible side-arm less important.
• Quick-switch whenever possible by changing to your pistol or your knife, and then back to the M24A2 A.V.A. 7th Anniversary in order to minimize the time taken between each shot. This method will allow you to get the edge over other snipers in close combat situations, who may not be able to fire their second shot as fast.
• Have a quick-drawing, high rate of fire side-arm available when using the M24A2 A.V.A. 7th Anniversary, as your targets may occasionally tag, calling the need for a quick method to finish them off. When tagging, the target should have considerably low remaining health and armor due to damage being maintained over most ranges.
• Being an upgraded model over the original M24, the M24A2 A.V.A. 7th Anniversary has also seen an improvement in its ability to no-scope, so if you are in a very close-range encounter, you are advised to crouch (in order to maximize accuracy) and hip-fire. Using the first scope phase is also viable for more experienced users.
• The M24A2 A.V.A. 7th Anniversary was released to celebrate Aeria A.V.A's 7th anniversary, coming out at the same time as the HK MK.23 US.SOCOM A.V.A. 7th Anniversary, M4A1 A.V.A 7th Anniversary, Thompson M1921 A.V.A. 7th Anniversary, M67 Grenade A.V.A. 7th Anniversary and Hatchet A.V.A 7th Anniversary.
• The M24A2 A.V.A. 7th Anniversary has the exact same performance as the M24 Fleur-de-lys, with the addition of 1 extra ammo. Since this weapon isn't currently available (it was in Aeria's Item Mall for a limited amount of time), users may purchase the Fleur-de-lys from the in-game shop if they wish to try a similar weapon.
• Unlike the original M24, this upgraded variant cannot be modified, omitting the need to pay for any extra recurring costs. It performs a little higher than the original did with full modifications. The M24 was one of the three original weapons given to new accounts, so it has a sentimental value for some of the older users.