Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||Derived from M16A2 rifle, this shorter carbine type firearm can be used in wide range of operations. M4A1 has RIS as standard equipment to allow application of diverse accessories, and is a powerful easy-to-handle firearm.||”|
|— Weapon Description|
The M4A1 is a Rifle Man weapon.
Well-known as the combat rifle/carbine of the United States Delta Force and Navy Seals(despite critical shortcomings), the Colt M4A1 carbine has been praised for its lightweight build, portability, modularity, and excellent control. The M4A1 is currently replacing older M4 carbines in the United States Army for the next recent years. Developed off of the M16 family of rifles it is a variant made for close quarter urban combat. Although it is less accurate then the actual M16/A1/A3 because of it's shorter barrel it's still a decent if not okay carbine to use.
The M4A1 is available only to the Riflemen class. It is easily one of the most common assault rifle in AVA and is apreciated by players of all ranks. The M4A1 scales well because of its excellent combination of moveshot,rate of fire and accuracy making it a very effective weapon at medium and closer ranges. The M4's effectiveness is curbed for balance by its' low damage, average range and bloom. Still being overused, it was also nerfed several times. At close range, it takes approximately 5 shots to the torso to kill. For the first few bursts, the M4A1 is a very stable gun. It is generally inadvisable to shoot it on fully automatic, as the recoil and spread can get out of hand. At longer ranges, the recoil must be tamed with 2-3 shot burst fire. Being of the M16 family of guns this weapon should be tapped/2shot bursted for ranges greater then 5 meters to negate bloom and minimal recoil. Like other M16 guns the scope can be used while moving if controlled as stated before.
Being of Ducky rank, it is one of the few rentable weapons in ijji AvA.
Due to the January 29, 2014 Patch, this gun is now unavailable in the shop. It is also renamed to M4A1 Origin, while the M4A1 MK.3 is renamed to M4A1
- Laser Sight (+1 Accuracy, -1 Moblility)
- Laser Sight II (+2 Accuracy, -2 Mobility)
- Dot (x2 HS) (+3 Range)
- ACOG (x4) (+6 Range)
- Long Range Barrel (+2 Range, -1 Stability)
- Long Range Barrel II (+3 Range)
- Burst Barrel (+2 RoF, -1 Accuracy)
- Burst Barrel II (+3 RoF, -1 Accuracy)
- Precision Trigger (+2 Accuracy, -1 Stability)
- Aim Shot Mechanizm Kit (No RoF drop while aimed fire)
- Aim Shot Helper (Increased hit rate while aimed fire)
- Proto Type Grip (+2 Stability)
- Recoil Control Stock (+1 Stability)
|Mod||Damage||Range||Accuracy||Stability||Mobility||Rate of Fire||Rounds|
|Laser Sight II||-||-||+2||-||-2||-||-|
|Mount||Dot (x2 HS)||-||+3||-||-||-||-||-|
|Barrel||Long Range Barrel||-||+2||-||-1||-||-||-|
|Long Range Barrel II||-||+3||-||-||-||-||-|
|Burst Barrel II||-||-||-1||-||-||+3||-|
|Aimed Shot Mechanizm Kit||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
Aimed Shot Helper
|Proto Type Grip||-||-||-||+2||-||-||-|
|Stock||Recoil Control Stock||-||-||-||+1||-||-||-|
Delta 6 style: ACOG + LR B2 + Acc T + Aim Shot Helper + Recoil Control S
= +9 Range, +1 Acc,
CQB: Dot(x2 HS) + LR B2 (or Burst B2) + Prototype G + Recoil Control S
= +6 Range, +3 Stability (or +3 Range, -1 Acc, +3 Stability, +3 Rof)
Spetsnaz : Burst barrel 2 + Hs Dot+Proto Grip, Ergo Trigger, RCS
= + 3 Range,+3 ROF+ 3 Stabuility
CA's M416 CQB Style: L2 + Dot + LR 2 + Proto Grip
- M4A1 Bald Eagle
- M4A1 BRONX
- M4A1 BumbleBee
- M4A1 Carpio
- M4A1 Chrome
- M4A1 Cupid
- M4A1 Freedom
- M4A1 MK.3
- M4A1.MK3 Roswell
- M4A1 Ocean
- M4A1 Sumire
- M4A1 Tiger
- M4A1 MK.3
Mk1 has higher RoF (67 to 65), and has the capacity to be modded (quite substancially.)
Mk 3 has more damage (34 to 32) more accuracy (68, 65) and more stability (60, 52)
They share identical mobility (55), almost identical range (Mk1 has 42, Mk3 has 43) and a same size clip (30)
SideNote: With mods, the M4A1 can gain an additional 3 RoF, making it more effective at close range than the Mk3.
- AK 47 (Classic)
M4A1 has MUCH Higher Stability (52 to AK-47's 30), MUCH higher mobility (45 to 55), and MUCH higher RoF (67 to 40). It also can be modded to a greater extent than the AK-47.
The AK-47 has MUCH higher Damage (43 to M4A1's 32), Noticibly higher range (45 to 42), and MUCH higher accuracy (72 to 65)
They share the same clip size (30).
M4A1 has higher Accuracy (65 to 60) higher mobility (55 to 50) and a MUCH higher RoF (67 to 55). It also can be modded to a greater extent than the M16A2. Since the damage is roughly similar but the RoF is dramatically higher, the M4A1 has a higher DPS.
The M16A2 has higher Damage (35 to 32), higher Range (45 to 42), higher stability (55 to 52).
They share the same clip size (30).
- The M4A1 currently has the most variants of it's kind in AVA.
- If playing for the first time on an account, players will recieve several weapons, which includes a fully modded M4A1, hence it's popularity.
- Though currently unconfirmed, some players claim that ijji's M4A1 is actually renamed version of KAVA's M4A1 mk2. The reason for this change was that supposedly the original KAVA M4A1 was a terrible gun, so no one used it and was scrapped. It can be speculated that since American Army uses the M4A1, having it preform well is of value to the American audience ijji aims for, and thus presumably the change was made.
- In spite of being an American weapon, it is commonly portrayed at the canon weapon of the EU faction (as evidenced by the side design of this wiki). Though technically possible, this may seem improbable since EU is a European Union. However, within the mythos of AVA US troops are supporting the EU against the NRF thus explaining the design choice. ( This is evidenced in the "Synopsis" tab on the ijji AVA website.)
- Though unrelated to AVA, the M4A1 is the weapon of choice for "Old Snake" in the popular PS3 game "Metal Gear Solid 4". However, his weapon was custom made and therefore nicknamed the "M4 Custom".
- The fire-selector on the M4A1 (also it's variant?) is setted on semi position