Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The MP5SD5 is a Sub Machine Gun first introduced during the 05-23-11 Content Update. It possesses excellent ROF and average damage, giving it a remarkably high DPS. It also has an integrated silencer, making it useful for flanking. It has occasionally problematic bloom which may be cured by using the Spetsnaz barrel. Alternatively, when shot in 4-5 shot bursts, the MP5SD loses almost all its bloom, making the Burst Barrel the more useful attachment as it makes the gun overall more deadly. This is highly recommended, and makes the MP5SD5 one of the most effective burst weapons in the game (especialy when combined with a Silicon Grip).
The gun takes approximately 5 shots to the chest to kill, which is convenient as it does not bloom until the 6th shot. When crouched, this gun is extremely accurate at extreme ranges with predicable vertical recoil with almost no bloom whatsoever, though the damage dropoff will limit the effective DPS at those ranges.
- Burst Barrel (+2 RoF, -1 Accuracy)
- Sharpshooter Barrel (+2 Accuracy, -1 RoF)
- Spetsnaz Edition (+1 Accuracy,+2 Stability, -2 Mobility)
- Mechanism Upgrade (+1 RoF, -1 Accuracy)
- Stability Upgrade (+2 Stability, -1 RoF)
- Cylinder Attachment (+2 Damage, -1 Stability)
- Accuracy Trigger (+1 Accuracy, -1 Stability)
- Silicon Grip (+1 Stability)
- Makes the 6th+ shot's bloom even worse, but makes the MP5SD5 more stable and accurate when used in 4-5 shot bursts.
- Human Engineered Grip (+1 Accuracy)
- This grip is better for full auto, and recommended for stability builds.
In essence, there are three stats which can be heavily altered with mods: Accuracy, RoF, and Stability (and Damage to a lesser extent)
Usually, it is suggested to either max out RoF or do a combo of RoF / Dmg, but the MP5SD5's versatility can lend itself to any set of configurations. If pursuing an accuracy modset, keep in mind that the MP5's range is remains fairly low (at least when compared outside its class), making it highly dependant on medium-range headshots. A Stability modset is often not recommended given that the MP5SD5 has the highest Stability in its class, but it remains a solid choice if you so desire it.
For the Barrels, all three are good, though the most popular by far is the Burst Barrel (+2 RoF, -1 Acc) and is the one most often recommended.
The ideal choices between the triggers is between the Mechanism upgrade (RoF +1) and the Cylinder attachment (Dmg +2), as the Mechanism helps in close combat and the Cylinder helps more generally in combat. The Mechanism does make the bloom slightly harder to control at range since (obviously) the bullets come out faster and as a result the 6th's shot's bloom is more prone to showing up mid-firefight.
The ideal grip is of personal choice; see the note about the grips written above.
- Of all Pointman weapons ( including capsule weapons!), the MP5SD5 has the highest Stability stat, with 50.
- This weapon is directly related to the MP5A3 (the default free SMG) and the MP5K-PDW. All three weapons share some vital traits: extremely high preformance at their respective ranges, a high RoF, and a magazine that empties very quickly. The MP5SD5 is the most versatile of the three and also suffers less from its magazine capacity compared to its siblings, at the cost of some RoF.