|“||[Mosin-Nagant Nose Art] A prototype SR painted with a provocative pinup girl image based on art from the fuselages of military aircraft in WWII. Comes equipped with a high-capacity magazine.||”|
|— Weapon Description|
The Mosin-Nagant Nose art is a bolt-action sniper rifle used by snipers, and was made available through the on-line item mall through mystery boxes – initially as the "Secret Weapon P-61", but has since been released under the official name. It is an upgraded model and custom variant of the Mosin-Nagant, featuring a gold and olive green exterior, painted with a pin-up girl.
Being a enhanced variant of the Mosin-Nagant, the Mosin-Nagant Nose art also boasts a fast scope-in and draw speed, coupled with both high damage and range. Despite this weapon's competitive overall speed, being a bolt-action sniper rifle, you are still advised to quick-switch when possible in order to minimize the delay between successive shots. Since this weapon is able to rapidly fire, engaging groups of targets is shown to be easier; proving suitability for smaller maps, rushing and flanking.
The Mosin-Nagant Nose art does not have a second level of scope magnification available, meaning that it isn't particularly designed for efficiency at longer ranges, but the magnification provided nevertheless makes locating targets comfortable at the majority of distances. The single scope phase and fast scope-out speed also enables heightened mobility – this tactical advantage allows you to push harder than normal when using a sniper rifle, and means that you can recover faster after shooting.
The Mosin-Nagant Nose art rarely tags due to its high damage and range, however you may still experience tagging when shots land on a target's limbs; but this will most likely only occur when they are wearing higher-tiered armor at much longer distances. Armor generally does not appear to affect the damage done to the torso – shots to the upper body and neck will still secure the kill, unless the shot has first penetrated another player or surface, in which case a head-shot would be necessary to avoid tagging.
The Mosin-Nagant Nose art has quite a high accuracy when hip-firing, similar to other popular sniper rifles such as the DSR-1 and FR-F2. This means that, in close-quarter combat, no-scoping is very viable. Since tagging at point-blanc range is hardly observed, when landing a shot this way, you can expect to secure the kill most of the time. Due to this weapon's high overall speed, this method of play is not usually encouraged, as more tactical plays can be made at medium and long distances.
The Mosin-Nagant Nose art cannot be modified.
|122.5 (-17.5 – 17.5)||85.2||88.8||69.9||0.86||5||96.7|
The FR-F2 is a renowned sniper rifle and is very popular due to its consistent damage and massive armor penetration. Despite having lower damage and range than the Mosin-Nagant Nose art, the FR-F2 has proven to be more useful against targets with a higher armor rating due to its penetration statistic. It is also on-par with the Mosin-Nagant Nose art in terms of its hip-firing capability, but is let down slightly by its speed – having a slower draw and scope-in speed means rushing becomes a less viable option, and leaves you faced with a bigger penalty when missing shots.
|117.3 (-2.3 – 7.8)||87.5||91.1||70.0||1.30||5||100.0|
The DTA SRS and the Mosin-Nagant Nose art share a similar play-style, owed mainly to their fast draw and scope-in speeds. Due to the successive reload animation of the Mosin-Nagant Nose art, the DTA SRS is able to provide a new ammo clip much faster, but has one less capacity, making both weapons perform about the same in terms of engaging multiple targets. Both of these weapons excel in sniper-only modes due their ability to recover at an increased rate. Due to the damage output of the Mosin-Nagant Nose art, you can expect to see it tag less often than the DTA SRS.
- Mosin Nagant Or Nouveau
- Mosin-Nagant Roswell
- Mosin Nagant Sports
- Mosin-Nagant Steel Dragoon
- Mosin-Nagant Sumire
• If you intend to rush, or know that you will be facing multiple targets, make sure you have full or high remaining ammo, as the Mosin-Nagant Nose art will reload each bullet successively, which can be slow. Quick-switching when engaging groups will help to minimize the recovery time between each shot.
• Although the Mosin-Nagant Nose art will rarely tag, it is ideal to aim for the torso of targets at long distances. Shots to the limbs will usually secure a kill (depending on how much armor your opponent is wearing), and as such, no-scoping is a viable option at close range if it becomes necessary to do so.
• Despite only having one scope phase, the Mosin-Nagant Nose art makes it comfortable to aim at the majority of distances, so you don't need to disengage if your target is far away. This weapon does however perform at its best at mid-range, and excels against other sniper rifles due to its fast overall speed.
• The Mosin-Nagant Nose art was initially released under the name "Secret Weapon P-61" in an on-line mystery box with the AKS-74U Black Snake. It was released alongside the "Secret Weapon B-29"; later revealed to the be AUTO 9 Nose Art. These weapons have had their own Nose Art mystery box since.
• The Mosin-Nagant Nose art has the same performance as the original, with the addition of 1 extra ammo, much like the Mosin-Nagant Steel Dragoon. However, having been released on the web mall as opposed to a Mega Capsule or Fortune Stars promotion, it does not have increasing damage per shot.
• Like the original Mosin-Nagant, the Mosin-Nagant Nose art cannot be modified, omitting the need to pay for any extra recurring costs. Due to this, in comparison to other sniper rifles of a similar tier, this weapon (and other variants) could be considered a cheaper option in terms of euros required to maintain it.