|“||[Mosin-Nagant Steel Dragoon] This Mosin-Nagant gun features images of fantastic animals rendered in a special paint. It has a slightly increased magazine capacity thanks to the use of a new magazine.||”|
|— Weapon Description|
The Mosin-Nagant Steel Dragoon is a bolt-action sniper rifle used by snipers, and was available as the collection bonus in the sixth installment of the Mega Capsules, claimed when every other weapon in the season had been bought. It is an upgraded model and custom variant of the Mosin-Nagant, featuring a metallic silver exterior with a blinking scope and glowing orange lights.
Being a enhanced variant of the Mosin-Nagant, the Mosin-Nagant Steel Dragoon also boasts a fast scope-in and draw speed, coupled with both high damage and range. Despite this weapon's competitive overall speed, being a bolt-action sniper rifle, you are still advised to quick-switch when possible in order to minimize the delay between successive shots. Since this weapon is able to rapidly fire, engaging groups of targets is shown to be easier; proving suitability for smaller maps, rushing and flanking.
The Mosin-Nagant Steel Dragoon does not have a second level of scope magnification available, meaning that it isn't particularly designed for efficiency at longer ranges, but the magnification provided nevertheless makes locating targets comfortable at the majority of distances. The single scope phase and fast scope-out speed also enables heightened mobility – this tactical advantage allows you to push harder than normal when using a sniper rifle, and means that you can recover faster after shooting.
The Mosin-Nagant Steel Dragoon rarely tags due to its high damage and range, however you may still experience tagging when shots land on a target's limbs; but this will most likely only occur when they are wearing higher-tiered armor at much longer distances. Armor generally does not appear to affect the damage done to the torso – shots to the upper body and neck will still secure the kill, unless the shot has first penetrated another player or surface, in which case a head-shot would be necessary to avoid tagging.
The Mosin-Nagant Steel Dragoon has quite a high accuracy when hip-firing, similar to other popular sniper rifles such as the DSR-1 and FR-F2. This means that, in close-quarter combat, no-scoping is very viable. Since tagging at point-blank range is hardly observed, when landing a shot this way, you can expect to secure the kill most of the time. Due to this weapon's high overall speed, this method of play is not usually encouraged, as more tactical plays can be made at medium and long distances.
The Mosin-Nagant Steel Dragoon cannot be modified.
|122.5 (-17.5 – 17.5)||85.2||88.8||69.9||0.86||5||96.7|
The FR-F2 is a renowned sniper rifle and is very popular due to its consistent damage and massive armor penetration. Despite having lower damage and range than the Mosin-Nagant Steel Dragoon, the FR-F2 has proven to be more useful against targets with a higher armor rating due to its penetration statistic. It is also on-par with the Mosin-Nagant Steel Dragoon in terms of its hip-firing capability, but is let down slightly by its speed – having a slower draw and scope-in speed means rushing becomes a less viable option, and leaves you faced with a bigger penalty when missing shots.
|117.3 (-2.3 – 7.8)||87.5||91.1||70.0||1.30||5||100.0|
The DTA SRS and the Mosin-Nagant Steel Dragoon share a similar play-style, owed mainly to their fast draw and scope-in speeds. Due to the successive reload animation of the Mosin-Nagant Steel Dragoon, the DTA SRS is able to provide a new ammo clip much faster, but has one less capacity, making both weapons perform about the same in terms of engaging multiple targets. Both of these weapons excel in sniper-only modes due their ability to recover at an increased rate. Due to the damage output of the Mosin-Nagant Steel Dragoon, you can expect to see it tag less often than the DTA SRS.
- Mosin-Nagant Nose art
- Mosin Nagant Or Nouveau
- Mosin-Nagant Roswell
- Mosin Nagant Sports
- Mosin-Nagant Sumire
• If you intend to rush or face multiple targets, make sure you have full or high remaining ammo, as the Mosin-Nagant Steel Dragoon will reload each bullet successively, which can be slow. Quick-switching when engaging groups will help to minimize the recovery time between each shot.
• Though the Mosin-Nagant Steel Dragoon will rarely tag, aiming for the torso is ideal at long distances. Shots to the limbs usually secures a kill (depending on how much armor your opponent has), and as such, no-scoping is a viable option at close range if it becomes necessary to do so.
• Despite only having one scope phase, the Mosin-Nagant Steel Dragoon can comfortably aim at most distances, so don't be discouraged against distant targets. This weapon does however perform at its best at mid-range, where it excels against other sniper rifles due to its fast overall speed.
• The Mosin-Nagant Steel Dragoon marks the sixth season of the Mega Capsules, being the last collection bonus available – obtained once all the other weapons had been purchased. It was the third sniper rifle to be featured as a jackpot weapon, after the Firebird and SV98 Cyber Nova Priam.
• The Mosin-Nagant Steel Dragoon has the same performance as the original, with the addition of 1 extra ammo. This weapon could be considered more of a prestigious feat, as it was awarded to players who had already purchased all of the other Mega Capsule weapons in the sixth season.
• Like the original Mosin-Nagant, the Mosin-Nagant Steel Dragoon cannot be modified, omitting the need to pay for any extra recurring costs. In comparison to other sniper rifles of a similar tier, this weapon could be considered a cheaper option in terms of euros required to maintain it.