|“||A special model developed from M4/M14 series. This gas pistol rifle is known for its high accuracy and rate of fire.||”|
|— Weapon Description|
The Remington R4 is a Rifleman weapon released in the 12-15-11 Content Update.
The Remington R4 is a high-performance assault rifle for the Rifleman class. At 58,000 euros, it is rather expensive; however, it is well worth the price, due to several factors:
- No recoil for the first couple of shots. When crouched, the recoil for the first 4-5 shots land on top of each other, beating the F2000 in terms of stability, but only for the first couple of shots. After that, the recoil pulls it up in a predictable and controllable function.
- Although it has a damage rating of "only" 35, it has high penetration that makes it good for wallbangs and headshots. The armour penetration is medium however.
- Low unlock level. It is one of the best rifles unlocked at the Staff Sergeant First Class.
There is, however, the Remington R4's main drawback: its low damage output. Even though it has a damage rating of 35, which is relatively average for Rifleman weapons, its low Rate of Fire severely hinders its damage output, much like the FN-F2000. However, this is balanced out by its low recoil.
Overall, this is a very good gun, well worth the 58,000 Euros.
Long Range Barrel II (Range +8.1)
Burst Barrel II (Accuarcy -4.1, Auto Fire ACC -0.4, Auto Fire +0.99) (recommended. it boosts its low DPS, so it's much more forgiving in CQC)
Reinforced Barrel (ATK +4, Auto Fire -0.74)
Use the Burst Barrel II, which adds more ROF. Even though the bloom is increased, it will not be noticable if shooting in bursts. This also gives players a chance of winning in CQC with Para players. Only go full auto within 5ft.
This weapon can be very strong if you know how to use it!
- You should ALWAYS try to crouch shot!!! The R4 has very low recoil but when you crouch you have even less recoil than before. At Move Shot and Normal Shot (Standing) it is not bad but Crouch Shot is still better because if you shoot while standing or moving you will notice that the crosshair gets bigger than in Crouch Shot.
- The weapon handles best if bursted in 3-5 shots; spraying makes the R4's crosshair bloom too much.
- Aim for the head. I could say this at any weapon but for this weapon it is pretty useful to aim for the head, because of its good penetration it does very often One Shot Headshot. Its like a headshot machine!
- The in-game designation of "Remington R4" is incorrect; this is actually the designation Remington uses for their line of AR-15 pattern rifles. From looking at the in game model, the in-game R4 is in fact the R5 RGP which has a gas piston operation instead of the normal AR-15's direct gas impingement system of operation. The R4 provides several key advantages over other top tier guns, such as the F2000, Para, and M4a1 Mk.3.
- When hit by Remington R4 the other player's aim will get thrown off, However this dose is not noticable by laggers since the screen shake will not register most of the time.