Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||[SG556 Platinum] A limited-edition AR based on the SG556, this magnificent weapon is covered in finely detailed white gold with elaborate filigree.||”|
|— Weapon Description|
The SG556 Platinum is an automatic assault rifle used by rifle men, and was available through both the on-line item mall and the in-game capsule shop through mystery boxes. It is an upgraded model and custom variant of the SG556, featuring an intricate silver design across the entire casing, coupled with gold and sky blue finishing about the barrel, grip and stock.
In comparison to the original SG556, the SG556 Platinum has seen significant improvements in almost every statistic, and comes with a completely revamped design. Damage output and usability has been enhanced, with this weapon seeing an increase in damage, range, accuracy, stability and fire rate. This increase is so large that it surpasses the fully-modified original weapon. This upgraded variant does not allow for modification and therefore also saves euros.
Even with the modernized statistics, the SG556 Platinum still lacks the ability to dominate at closer ranges, meaning that its use is less commonly during fast-paced encounters. However, shots dealt to the body and limbs remains consistent even in much longer ranges, so ensuring that you only engage with the enemy at a distance would be advantageous. In close-quarters combat, aiming for the upper-body and head will help to counter against weapons that excel at this range.
Due to the restriction in damage dealt at close range, the SG556 Platinum is most commonly seen in larger maps, including the majority of those in demolition. The dependable armor penetration means that each successive shot helps to overcome any extra armor your opponent may be wearing. This, coupled with the outstanding handling that the weapon provides, makes it a popular choice for those who prefer an easier, laser-style firearm; as opposed to one where tapping becomes the main focus.
Keeping in with the similarities to the SG556, even with the increased accuracy and stability, crouching and scoping still help to delay the rate at which the SG556 Platinum loses its tight grouping. While the scope does reduce your visibility (especially at close range), if you're comfortable with transitioning into the scope on a reactionary basis then it would give you the edge by doing so. Bursting in short, sharp groups gives a balance of damage output and stability.
The SG556 Platinum cannot be modified.
|33.0 (-3.0 – 3.0)||74.5||91.2||87.5||9.80||30||94.3|
The ARX-160 has a very low amount of recoil, and therefore performs similarly to the SG556 Platinum in terms of handling. In both weapons, bursting in smaller amounts greatly helps to maintain accuracy. While the fire rate of the SG556 Platinum is higher, this simply matches the ARX-160's ability to remain stable for longer – resulting in a similar damage output across most ranges. The most notable difference can be seen when engaging groups; the ARX-160 has trouble downing multiple targets due to its damage deficiency, which is less problematic for the SG556 Platinum.
|35.0 (-3.0 – 3.0)||63.4||85.8||90.1||9.90||30||94.3|
The FN-F2000 shares a relatively similar play-style to the SG556 Platinum on account of their matching accuracy and control statistics. While the actual damage output of the FN-F2000 is noticeably lower, it nonetheless boasts some of the best usability for rifle men weapons. Both weapons were intended to be used at longer ranges – their lessened efficacy at close range is overshadowed by their ability to endure past the majority of point man and other standard rifle man weapons. Due to this, their use is seen most often in demolition and other large maps.
• The SG556 Platinum was designed to be bursted, but don't be afraid to hold the trigger down for a little longer if it means securing the kill. Fully automatic fire can be viable even at medium ranges, but keep your cross-hair aimed at the centre of your target in order to ensure maximum coverage.
• Even at much longer ranges, the SG556 Platinum will maintain its damage and penetration, so you should be actively looking to engage in combat from further distances. If it becomes necessary to challenge a target in close-quarters, try to aim for the head to ensure maximum damage output.
• Unlike most rifle man weapons, the SG556 Platinum's scope should be used where possible to enhance precision without dropping the fire rate. In order to maximise accuracy, crouch when necessary to improve your shot grouping. The difference seen between walking and shift-walking is insignificant.
• The SG556 Platinum was the first variant of the SG556, and at the time of writing, is also currently the only variant available. To date, there has not been a sure-fire way to obtain this weapon, and as such has only been obtained through the in-game capsules and the on-line mystery boxes.
• The SG556 Platinum has received vast cosmetic improvements, described in the weapon description as "finely detailed white gold with elaborate filigree". It also has a "bloom" smoke effect while reloading, which produces a sky-blue cloud visible to other players, and blue fire while shooting.
• The SG556 Platinum, as expected with such an immense increase to the majority of its statistics, does not have any modifications available. This eliminates any further recurring maintenance costs, and also means that you can expect the same performance from any instance of this weapon in-game.