The SPAS-15 is a shotgun first introduced in the 12-19-11 update as a capsule pre-release weapon. It was released on the permanent shop in the 1-3-12 update.
The SPAS-15 was originally a very powerful shotgun, but its most powerful mod, Trigger 3 was nerfed. Trigger 3 was originally + 10 damage, + 5 Range, - 4 Stability and - 6 Rof, which made it a lower recoil, more stable Saiga 12. The SPAS-15 lacks penetration, which increases the chance of the enemy tanking the first shot.
- Set Trigger Type 1 (ATK -3, Range -1.5, Accuracy +0.3, Auto Fire ACC +0.2)
- Set Trigger Type 3 Post Nerf (ATK +8, Range +5.8, Accuracy -11.3, Auto Fire ACC -8.9)
- Trigger Set Type 3 is usually the better of the two mods. Trigger 3 allows it to One Shot opponents, but because of the zero penetration, enemies often tank as well.
- No trigger is a better alternative and has an effectiveness rivaling that of Type 3.
- Type 1 is plain ridiculous. The lowered accuracy and range makes it an inaccurate spraying shotgun, which reduces its effectiveness, making it worse, despite having higher Rate of fire.