|“||An upgraded model of the AKS-74U with a more precise bolt and gas piston, and improved durability of the exterior material.It has a distinctive exterior bat-motif, hand painted by a master artisan.||”|
|— Weapon Description|
Released in the 9/24/12 content update. Released for the Pointman class.
The SR-3M can be described as a beefed up Galil MAR. The SR-3M has a high damage compared to other normal SMGs which usually range from around 25-35. The SR-3M's very fast rate of fire along with its incredible damage can easily kill opponents from 5-20 meters. It's mediocre range stats makes it a bit harder to eliminate enemies from 20meters and above, but it is said that either its range stats lie or its excellent DPS makes up for the range. The gun's recoil is much like other SMGs; low accuracy but easy to control. Also take note that the SR-3M does not bloom for the first 8-11 shots, then the crosshair expands a bit. Overall, the SR-3M is a very powerful pointman weapon that is easy to control, has abnormally high damage, and better stats than almost all other SMG's, making it an incredibly efficient and rather overpowered gun. However, use this weapon at your discretion, if you know you cannot get headshots from afar, Do Not Engage The Target ,take some popshots and run away. It is your safest bet when using this low range gun.
(There are no mods).
(Like is said... no mods).
- Make sure to stay in CQC (Close Quarters Combat). I know this is a Pointman gun but its not called the SR-3Meter gun for nothing with only a stat of 18 range. But stats lie so its feels like 10 Meters and the damage is way to low for at least 10 meters (about 16 damage every shot to torso, 40 for the head and 3 for the foot).
- Make sure your going to gang bang with other people and stay in the middle for flanks or enemy pushers. (Also a fact of life and for any gun you have).
- Try to stay on the flanking side, your gun doesn't have 85 mobility for nothing.
- Have fun. This may not be a clan war type of weapon but a fun weapon for trolls and just playing with friends.
- When up close to your opponent you can go full auto, the stability is a bit easy to handle.
- For far ranges, tap or burst fire for a better accuracy and better hit rate.
- Utilizing the 38 damage, use it to your advantage, along with that high ROF it will decimate the enemy.
- People who have achieved Running Speed Lv.3 can potentially dominate with this weapon due to the increased running speed, they can reach the SR-3M range quite easily. Shift walking, however, is still a good method of travelling with this weapon as the speed increase still applies and so you'll be able to stalk-flank enemies at your own discretion.
- Pay attention to your ammo count, the SR-3M's blazing ROF will leave you reloading constantly so take note of that as with most PM weapons.
- Use sound to your advantage, hear an firefight, see an enemy, run up and take him out but be aware of surrounding enemies who can easily spot you with the minimap.
- The SR-3M has a fairly long draw and reload time. Thus, it is highly recommended not to engage enemies with only half a magazine, due to its horrible DPS at long range. The high ROF will cause the magazine to be depleted very fast. It is also recommended not to run with a pistol, then draw the SR-3M. The mobility is already fairly high, so the extra draw time is unnecessary. The SR-3M has a similar draw animation to the FN-FNC, where you unfold the stock before you can fire the gun.
- The picture showed in A.V.A. is actually SR-3, as SR-3M is actually the modernized version of SR-3.
- Even though it says that the exterior has a bat-motif on it, it does not look like it has one.
- Unlike Bizon Arachne and AKS-74U Desmodus, it says it has a bat-motif but is not in the capsule shop.
- The gun has a distinct finish known as Plum. It is the finish applied on some AK-74 handguards and magazines.
- This gun was developed from AS Val, which is the sister gun of VSS, NOT AKS-74U, contrary to the description.
- This gun will be released in AVA SEA on the 20 January 2014