The Saiga-12is a Pointman weapon introduced in the ________ Content Update.
The Saiga-12 is a box-fed, semi-automatic shotgun with the third highest rate of fire in its class and a boasts the most DPS in all of A.V.A. The Saiga-12 is a shotgun that has 80 damage and 40 Rof, which is a fairly decent combination. This allows the shotgun to dispatch of enemies in one shot, or follow up with a second rather quickly if the first shot misses, or the enemy survived. The Saiga 12 has decent range for a Box-fed shotgun as well as accuracy, but the biggest flaw in it is the extremely low stability. The recoil of the gun is extreme to the point where players who are inexperienced with the Saiga 12 will have trouble firing a second shot properly due to it's huge vertical jump.
- Choke Expansion Barrel (+ 1 range, + 2 accuracy, - 2 stability)
- Choke Extraction Barrel (+ 3 Damage, - 2 range, - 1 accuracy)
- It is highly recommended that you use Choke Expansion Barrel because of it's range and accuracy bonus. Using this barrel allows for OHKO within 15 meters, instead of the usual 10-12 of a shotgun. The accuracy bonus is a big help in making the spread much tighter.
- Choke Extraction Barrel is not really recommended since the increased damage is countered by the lower range and accuracy. The lowered range makes it lose damage over distance, while lowered accuracy make the spread much larger. With these two factors in place, the gun will do lower damage because of the higher miss chance of the gun and loss of damage at ranges.
- Saiga Lion
- Saiga12 Leo
- The Saiga 12 is a very versatile shotgun, so it is possible to use it against riflemen class if you are within a reasonable range of 15 meters. Depending on your choice of barrel, you can either go for even better spread with Choke extraction barrel, or use Choke expansion barrel for more damage, but lower range and accuracy.
- In infection mode, the Saiga12 can kill infected much faster than any other weapon in the game. 2-4 hits depending on the range.
- Pulling down the Saiga12 right after the shot allows for easier control. This technique is used by many SA58 Para users as well.
- Tests: The shots do not go though glass or wood. Low penetration.
- The Saiga-12 is visually patterned after the Kalashnikov series of assault rifles
- The Saiga-12 is used by Bots in "Canon: [AI] Demolition"
- It's stats indicate that the fire rate is the same as an AK-47, but it's not nearly as fast, poking a huge hole in the stats.
- The ingame S12 has been modified with AK-style iron sights, wooden furniture and a side-folding stock that seems to be taken from an SVDS.