|“||Russian special sniper rifle with exclusive silencer attached. High powered 9mm X 39 round penetrates enemy's bullet proof vest.||”|
|— VSS Gun Description|
The VSS is a sniper rifle that is very rarely seen being used by players and mostly seen being used by AI players. This is probably due to the VSS's low damage along with low range. Infact, the VSS has the lowest damage and range rating out of all the snipers rifles currently in the game. The damage holds a 2 shot kill most of the time at close range and weakening quickly as the range gets farther away. The range on the gun makes it weaken very much at long range making this a sniper that should only be used at close range as long range kills will take alot of bullets to kill the enemy. The gun is fully automatic.
The gun is also currently the worst sniper rifle statistically accuracy-wise. However it has a very fast rate of fire, being the fastest out of all the sniper rifles and low recoil making the gun easy to spray as it will stay practically in the middle of the screen. Because of the low recoil and fast ROF, its select users regularly report being able to win close range firefights that slower sniper rifles would have lost (either due to not being able to dispatch all attackers, or losing precious time taking out a pistol and erroniously racking the slide.)
This gun is very useful in Night Op missions. Due to high RoF and The Silencer, this gun will enable a user to kill enemies very easily, but stealthily.
- Quick Scope (1 phase zoom)
- Rapid-fire Mechanism (+2 RoF)
- Swap Grip (Improves handling and weapons draw speed)
- Quick Reaction (+2 Stability ,-3 Mobility ,+1 RoF)
- The VSS is a great weapon in dark environments such as Snake Eye(Night) etc. Use it's preintegrated suppressor & your night vision to your advantage.
- This could be a glitch. Without buying the Quick Scope, you will not have the default scope in game. This will drastically affect you in combat forcing you to no scope and spray.